wrong amount

Tim123123
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred the wrong amount to the charity account of the fund, all funds were debited from the card, now I have no money. Created a request waiting for a response. Will the money be returned to my account? or not worth the wait?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

S_Ameen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Tim123123 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I understand your concern to get the refund. If the recipient has initiated the refund then you will receive the refund within 5 business days and sometimes depending on the card issuer it might take up to 30 days. You can view the transaction details in your account under the Recent Activity.

I hope the provided information is helpful to you.

Ameen

Login to Me Too

Tim123123
Contributor
Contributor
But If the recipient has not initiated the refund then ? I lost my money ? Also for that payment, my card stand in technical overdraft
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tim123123,

I'm so sorry to hear about the accidental payment! If you sent the wrong amount of money, it will still be attempted even if the recipient refunds it, as the refund would wait for the processing of the payment. You should still reach out to the recipient to request the refund, as it will be unable to be returned without the recipient choosing to do so. If a card was used, the refund would go back to the card. I very much hope that this is worked out quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.