how do i stop Paypay messaging me on Facebook every time I have a transaction??

dkightley
Contributor
Contributor

I get a Facebook Messenger message for every purchase I make.  I can't find where the link between PayPal and FaceBook is in settings, as I want these messages to stop.  Does anyone know how I can stop these damn messages being created??  This must be a security issue!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @dkightley

Thanks for joining the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration your Messenger Receipts are causing. You can turn off your Messenger notifications by following the steps listed in our Help Center: How do I update my Facebook Messenger notification preference?

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

dkightley
Contributor
Contributor

I understand there is a means of switching of ALL notifications, but I do not want to do this.  I want to break the kink between my PayPal account and Facebook.  I never made or gave permission for any form of link between Paypal and Facebook.  I want notification by email to continue.

I never use Facebook for any personal communications...I don't trust the whole thing!!  I didn't connect Paypal to any Facebook account....yet I get notifications of payments sent to a Facebook Messenger that just so happens to be my Facebook account.  And the link I was offered in the reply has no indication as to where notification are sent....they could go anywhere - and they do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.