Wrong Payment Type-Need money back

iammhaleen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I select wrong payment method and now my money is on hold to someone I sent to. I selected payment for item instead of family and friends option. I need my money back as soon as possible. How can I get my money back soon?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iammhaleen 

They would need to issue you a refund, however the funds would have to be 'off' hold before they can use those funds OR any refund will be deducted from their linked bank account.

However Paypal no longer returns the fee they were charged when you paid as part of any refund that they issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Lastly if you are paying for goods/services then always use that option. If you use friends/family to pay for purchases then you negate your buyer protection, the seller evades paying their paypal fee and both of you risk your accounts being limited.

However if it was a close mate you have 2 options.

1. Phone customer services and see if they will refund from that hold (receiver will still pay the fee) and so that fee amount would come from their bank account to 'top up' the balance to the full amount.

2. Tell your friend to mark the transaction as processed then you may have the chance to confirm receipt and get the funds released 7 days later, if you don't get that option its a 21 day hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.