Will the receiver be charged when getting money on paypal.

sunilsunny
Contributor
Contributor

Will paypal reduce money from the receiver when i send money to them in paypal. 

If i have 2000 usd in my paypal balance and if i send it to my friend on paypal . Will he get 2000 or will he get a lesser amount?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TasleemaJ
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sunilsunny.

There are no fees for personal payments to friends and family that are funded by your bank account or PayPal balance. We charge a small fee when receiving payment for a sale. it means the receiver pays fees when you are sending payment as Goods and Service payment.

Thanks and Regards,

TasleemaJ

Login to Me Too

sunilsunny
Contributor
Contributor
I dont see an option to send money as friends and family. It only shows the option of payment for goods and services
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunilsunny 

Unfortunately the option to send friends/family payments is not available in Oman.

So you can only send goods/services payments and yes they will be charged a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sunilsunny
Contributor
Contributor
Can I know , what exactly would the charges be if I send 2000 usd? ALSO is there any other way to transfer without these charges.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunilsunny 

Fees are in paypals user agreement for your country, click on legal bottom right of page > user agreement > fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.