Where did my money go? POINT OF SALE WITHDRAWAL - PAYPAL VISA DIRECT CAUS never received.

Wayne127
Contributor
Contributor

On May 9th I sent $400 to PayPal via my debit card.  "Point of Sale Withdrawal - PAYPAL VISA DIRECT CAUS" which was immediately deducted from my bank account.

Actually the payment was a mistake, which I immediately tried to cancel with PayPal, my bank, Visa.

The money was subtracted from my account and never returned 

The payment was not stopped at the source.

But it never showed up in either my PayPal cash account or the credit acct. 

I had a good chat session with a PayPal credit person and they confirmed they never received a payment like that.

The bank gave me a provisional refund, but they gave up the search and want it back.

I want it back, or at least to know where it went.

Whose cage can I rattle for an answer?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Wayne127 

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thanks for posting here!

I understand your concern about the funds not returned back to your card from Point of Sale withdrawal. You have to contact PayPal Support team directly for any account specific questions. You can find the options to reach PayPal Support team here : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Wayne127 

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thanks for posting here!

I understand your concern about the funds not returned back to your card from Point of Sale withdrawal. You have to contact PayPal Support team directly for any account specific questions. You can find the options to reach PayPal Support team here : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Wayne127
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to understand my problem and point me in the right direction.  My bank was asking me to prove a negative, which is probably not in your FAQ.  I finally had someone look at my transactions and tell me the receipt was not there.  The bank is still puzzling over this, but you guys helped a lot.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Wayne127

Thank you for coming back to let us know that @PayPal_Bindu's answer was helpful. I hope this all gets solved very quickly from here!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.