Utility company is available on Paypal Billpay but I cannot add my account

Stahlsta210
New Community Member

Hey everyone,

I receive my electric and gas from the company 'National Grid'. I see 'National Grid' listed on Billpay. When I enter the Account number and Zip code that is on my statement I receive an error: "The number you entered doesn't match our records. Check your statement for this info." I've tried adding/removing the dash, adding leading zero's, adding trailing zeros, and so on. I even have a 2nd account number for a different property and that account number/zip code throws the same error.

Who can I escalate this issue to investigate? I sent Paypal support a chat message but they closed it once they realized I was not having an issue with an existing transaction. There does not seem to be any customer support for this type of issue.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

SamNK
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue with both National Grid and PSEG Long Island. I also tried adding the PSEG Long Island account using the LIPA utility since that's how the debit shows up on my bank account. This issue happened to me months ago and then I tried again today and the same issue happened again.
Login to Me Too

KyleSeaman
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same issue with PSE&G and was able to fix it. The issue was I was providing the zip code for my property.  The box, however, says "biller's zip code", not the zip code associated to your account. Just google the zip code for the company and state you want add. For me, I googled "pse&g NJ zipcode" and entered the zip code that first came up, and was able to add my bill successfully.

Login to Me Too

SamNK
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for this. I totally missed that it said Biller's Zip Code. Here's another hint for people from Long Island. I had to use the PSE&G LIPA biller to add my electricity billing account and NOT the one for PSE&G Long Island which didn't work for me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.