Refund hasn't arrived in my bank account

AJNorth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. I received a refund for an Ebay purchase on the 23rd May (12 days ago and counting). Sent back to my Debit card. This refund has not yet appeared in my bank account.
I had another refund from Apple last week, again to my debit card, and it came through to my bank account within 24 hours. 

Any idea why the first one would be taking so long? I get that Paypal say it can take up to 30 days, but if one came through really fast, why the delay on the other one?

I have tried to contact Paypal, but all I get is an automated robot that just tells me the same info as the website. Is there a way to speak to a live human being??

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AJNorth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it seems I made a bit of a error.

The refund was made on the same day as the payment, and the money never left my account in the first place!

Had customer services mentioned this in the first place, I wouldn't have got myself in such a panic! 

So issue is solved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @AJNorth,

Thank you for visiting the Community Help Forum!

I understand your concern about the refund not reflecting in your card. Refunds to cards usually takes 2-5 business days. Depending on the card issuer's processing time, it may take up to 30 days for the refund to reflect in your card. In the mean time, you can contact your card issuer to get more information about the processed refund from PayPal. You can also find the available contact options in this Help Center article to reach PayPal Support team for any additional assistance. 

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Novaks11
New Community Member
Hello, i was launched transaction to my credit card i wait already 5 days what is wrong there is my transaction id 3LB97624WC369545C
Login to Me Too

AJNorth
Contributor
Contributor

Seems I have no choice but to wait until the 30 days are up. Neither Paypal or my Bank can do anything... or won't do anything. Paypal didn't seem interested at all! and didn't even ask for the transaction ID to check it.
So my money, which is a little over £600 is just floating about in the Eather somewhere! Very frustrating and I could do with the money!

Login to Me Too

AJNorth
Contributor
Contributor

Its now been 28 Days and I STILL don't have my refund! I doubt I'll ever get it!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @AJNorth 

I understand not seeing the refund in your card would be upsetting. Have you checked with your card issuer about the receipt of the refund? I suggest you to check with your card issuer about the refund first and reach PayPal Support to submit a trace request for the missing refund. You can refer the article for the contact options to reach the team here

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
Solved

AJNorth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it seems I made a bit of a error.

The refund was made on the same day as the payment, and the money never left my account in the first place!

Had customer services mentioned this in the first place, I wouldn't have got myself in such a panic! 

So issue is solved.

Login to Me Too

ashriu

im in the same boat 😞 did you ever get your refund?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.