Receiving payment currency

Traderas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I live in Greece and my PayPal account is based in Greece too.

Is it possible to receive Payments in USD(from EU or USA)? Or there will be automatic conversion to Euro?

Is there any difference depending on what currency I choose as the main one? Or this has to do only with how my balance is displayed?

Also using f&f can I transfer both EURO and USD to someone without extra conversion or other fees ?

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Randy

@Traderas,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You do have the ability to change the currency for your primary PayPal balance.  You can also transfer your PayPal balance to another currency.  

In regards to finding additional information regarding the applicable fees charged to convert the balance, I recommend logging in to your PayPal account and clicking on the link labeled "Fees" at the bottom of the page.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Traderas
Contributor
Contributor

But I know that. It wasn't what I asked...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

Hi @Traderas

You can receive payments from anyone with a PayPal account. If you have EUR, USD, GBP balances opened in your PayPal account, the money will be credited to those balances. But, you will need to make sure they're open. If you only have a EUR balance available in your PayPal account and you receive a payment in USD, you will receive an email asking you to convert the money or add a PayPal balance. To avoid this would advise you to open a balance in the currencies you wish to use.  
When sending money, you can choose which currency to send, there will be no conversion at the time on your side. However, if the recipient doesn't have the balance opened, we will ask him to open one or convert the money to their primary currency. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.