Receiving money from a friend that is not a physical item.

Dem1320
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm new to a PayPal Business. Someone sent me a very small amount money to test my account was working, but it is showing up as if they have bought an item that needs to be shipped but Paypal is asking me to add tracking. I can't see anyway to mark it as a transaction that is non physical. Any solutions as the amount is on hold? would this happen any time someone might send me money or something non physical? (like music digitally for example). I used to have a personal account so I didn't have that problem before..

With thanks!

Dem

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dem1320 

Since your business account is new, your payments will experience holds. (These holds may also occur with personal accounts as well.) Keep in mind that business accounts cannot accept personal payments so they’ll all be goods and services payments.

You can update the Order Status to Order Processed by clicking Add tracking info link. PayPal will release funds within 7 to 21 days. Additionally, you may ask sender to Confirm Receipt on their end of the transaction at least 48 hrs from payment date.

When you have an established account, PayPal will eventually stop holding every payment unless you receive an unusual or high risk payment, or receive a sudden increase in payment volume, have significant changes in product or service you sell or account activity that triggers risk.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dem1320
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

thanks a lot for taking the time to reply, much appreciated 🙂

at the risk of sounding dumb, what kind of tracking info could I put if I'm not sending anything? can I just mark it as shipped and put tracking info not required? I've just seen that a possibility actually...

thanks again,

Dem

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Dem1320,

Welcome to the Community Help Forum!

Thanks for the help @sharpiemarker! Yes! If you don't have a tracking information and held payment is for a service or intangible item, you can mark it as shipped and tracking info not required or shipping is not applicable. As @sharpiemarker mentioned PayPal may release the funds within 7-21 days. You can see this article for more information on Payment holds. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.