Received text message from [removed] about transaction - Hit 2 by mistake

Wolverine607
New Community Member

The message was legit and appears to be form Paypal as it was from number [removed] and it asked me if if I paid money to an online merchant in the United Kingdom/ I did authorize the transaction, but I accidentally hit 2 for no instead of 1 for yes. Is this going to cause an issue wth my account being locked??

It appears my account is ok and unlocked and was not locked or anything, but want to to be sure as several refunds are coming through it due to coil whine on GeForce RTX 4090 video cards and my quest to find a card without it.

When I accidentally put 2 for no, the message came back stating we're sorry you can't send or request money by text anymore and to download Paypal app or login to Paypal instead?

Does that mean for sure my account is fine its only a texting restriction as I never knew you could request or receive Paypal money through text??

I had contacted Paypal a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and the automated system said my account has no restrictions and is fine as I never can get through to an agent to be sure.

I can login to it and it appears its ok as 2 refunds are on statement including 2 sent afterwards though money has not shown yet in my bank account (though I know that takes a few days), but want to make sure my account is not somehow locked that would stop the refund or something because I accidentally hit 2 instead of 1 on that message after an order from United Kingdom retailer.

So its just a text message transaction restriction and nothing else right that hitting 2 for no put on my account?? Meaning my account will process refunds and function just fine for transactions when logged into it on PC or using mobile app as before?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Wolverine607

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues recently on your account. I can certainly understand why you'd be concerned about refunds processing properly after receiving that kind of notification. I would recommend first checking your Resolution Center for any  kind of limitations present. If there are no limitations present, then there should normally not be any change in functionality in your account. 

As long as there's no change in functionality on your account due to a limitation, you shouldn't have any issue receiving a refund that your merchant has authorized. However, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams for further clarification. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.