Received money on an account no longer used, forgot password and questions.

albertoT75
New Community Member

Hi everybody, so it is the story: my girlfriend sent m money on my old paypal account that I no longer use. Only the email attached to it still works, the phone number is gone and I cannot remember my password nor my security questions. So the money will stay unclaimed for ever. She contacted PayPal explaining the problem but the reply was : If you are not happy with your purchase, contact the buyer. ???

She sent the money to a wrong account, nobody logged in in years. Like I say I still use the email attached to it. Is there a way to recover log in data?

I know it is complicated, but maybe you can help.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@albertoT75 

If its showing as unclaimed with a cancel option then cancel it.

If its showing as unclaimed withOUT a cancel option then it if stays like that it will time out at 30 days and go back to her funding source.

If its showing as payment then she used the goods/services option to send and she can open a dispute for non receipt of item against that account to get a refund.

If its showing as sent then she used the friends/family payment and its successfully transferred to that account so if she funded the payment via a credit card she can contact them for a chargeback OR if she didn't then you need to contact customer services and request that they refund the payment back to her for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.