Paypal needs to change. Too hard to work with them anymore.

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

Bank is linked but cannot instant transfer funds TO it. Bank is listed under "choose a bank." So, this is crap. Bank said I should be able to transfer instantly. So why won't Paypal allow me to do so??? When I'm short in my Paypal, they transfer FROM my bank immediately. My bank account is low and I may be overdrawn today because of an automatic payment taken out. I needed to transfer immediately to cover it. So i'll be paying an overdraft fee just because they didn't allow the instant transfer WHICH THE BANK DOES ALLOW. 

Paypal used to be so easy to deal with but not anymore. What am I to do now? i buy from ebay a lot and they prefer Paypal; in fact, it's hard to pay for anything without Paypal.  I'm so frustrated. This isn't the first time with a problem with PP.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@micsha 

As you have not been very polite when you ask questions OR to folks that gave up their time to help you previously, I for one am backing out of advising you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry but it's funny that I can't get a straight answer to my question. It was not an answer. It was an excuse. That's exactly what I'm talking about.  PayPal is not easy to work with anymore. I tried a couple times today to get an answer to my question.  They won't allow me to transfer to my bank unless I go through the long  wait period and then....maybe not even then. So some can do instant transfer but I can't? No excuse for it especially when the money can be pulled from my bank to them immediately.  So it shows that I am linked to the bank. 

Even funnier is that I did immediate transfers before without a problem so why not now? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @micsha

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you ran into some issues transferring funds to your bank instantly. I certainly understand the position you were in and the need to get those funds to your bank as quickly as possible. Do you have your debit card linked to your PayPal account as well? Sometimes, transfers will have different time-frames going through your card info rather than your bank account info.

Just a quick heads-up, transfers to your bank using your bank information still may take the 3-5 business days to fully complete. It's just the bank that may offer the option of speeding up the transfer or not. Whether instant transfer through your bank info is available or not may also potentially be a case-by-case basis depending on the real-time review PayPal performs on our end. 

Either way, my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'd suggest checking if you have your card on file and if you do, making sure it's confirmed as well. That may help. 

Good luck with your future transfers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon:
It was funny that I couldn't transfer any money to my bank now because I did it before using the instant transfer and paying the fee and yes, I was very upset because I didn't get a straight answer the other day as to WHY. My bank is linked to PayPal but instant transfer was still blocked.  My bank said it would've been acknowledged instantly on their end, as it was when I transferred money to the bank the last time. I was asking why it worked one time but not this time. Didn't change my bank. Never had, nor used, a debit card. 

It's too late now. A transaction came in overdrawing my account by $17 and now I need to pay the $35 overdraft fee now, too. My PayPal account is now empty because I spent the money. I am looking to use another payment service because I won't get stuck like this again. Things have changed here and not for the better. I've been with PayPal a very long time and it's sad to leave but if I find another payor wallet with the instant transfer that works, I will.

Thank you for your reply.

Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

Well, was overdrawn in bank.  Transferring my balance would've helped. I'm in the process of changing all my payment info from sites I deal with and plan on closing my account.  I just hope my bank info doesn't wind up in the wrong hands now.

Login to Me Too

UmbralFiend
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal repeatedly charged my bank account to the sum of 19-20 overdraft fees ($600 negative due to them). A lot of these came after I contacted customer service. No help. Not willing to fix anything. There is no follow up or consistent way to address any issues with customer service.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.