Payment via PayPal showing up in bank but not PayPal activity nor seller records.

Kjrov
Contributor
Contributor

Good day, this is my first time posting here, and I am doing so frantically, so please bear with me.

As the title says, I have made a purchase through PayPal via a linked MasterCard debit card, not even half an hour ago, and while my bank shows the payment going through, there isn't a record available on my PayPal Activity page, nor does the seller recognize the payment having been made.

I am not quite sure about forum etiquette, and as such, am quite hesitant towards divulging the specifics of my issue; I have tried using the Help Center - to no avail, and have tried using the PayPal Assistant to figure out options - I was not able to find any e-mail contact information for PayPal Support, and since I do not currently reside in America, it is difficult for me to find a time to chat with an agent or more so, make an international call.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kjrov 

Did you pay as a guest buyer via a card to the seller OR did you log in to your paypal account during checkout to pay? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kjrov
Contributor
Contributor

Good day.

I logged into my PayPal account during checkout to pay - the payment and deduction is reflected in my banking history, but the payment does not appear in my PayPal activity.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Kjrov 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the reply!

I understand your concern about your recent payment. It is possible that the payment wasn't successful as the details were neither reflected in your PayPal account nor in the seller's account. Have you received any email confirmation from PayPal about the payment? If not, the charge you're seeing in your bank could be a temporary authorization charge which will get removed from your bank account in a few days. For any additional assistance, feel free to reach the PayPal Support team and contact options can be found here. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.