Payment Denied: Egypt

engineermahmoud
New Community Member
Hello,

I have an issue with one my WITHDRAWL transactions getting declined to my debit card. So here is the story short: I live in Egypt and I have withdrawn to my personal debit card 10000s of times so I know it works, I also setup subscription based payments in paypal and they work like charm. However, now I am trying to withdraw 150 USD to my visa debit card and it tells me payment Denied. I tried to go through your help articles and nothing works, my card is updated and everything is fine. Please advise

NB: MY subscription went through paypal 3 days ago from my debit card so I know that my card is fine. Also, I can't reach Paypal support, I don't know why a big company like Paypal have one of the hardest to reach support agents ever?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Unfortunately what is happening to us in Egypt has nothing to do with the info on the link you posted. We are blocked from using our Egyptian bank cards for international use. First it was for making payments and now its for receiving funds from outside. PayPal called me and confirmed that the fault is not on the side of PayPal or mine, it's the Egyptian banks that blocked the cards. They have recommended Easypay and Yalla, but those cards also don't work as I have tested it earlier today. So bottom line is we need to find another solution besides the bank to access our funds on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Yes, PayPal confirmed with me that it's the Egyptian bank that's denying the transfer. I'm with Bank Misr, but I also have Easypay and Yalla from the Post office. I used to use it in the very beginning but I tried to connect it it PayPal again today and it was rejected too. If you know of any other conformed bank that's dealing with Paypal, that would be great. I am a member of PayPal Egypt as well as Wise and everyone said its the bank. Some advised Easypay and Yalla but I tried and as I mentioned before, it didn't work either :'(
Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I managed to connect PayPal to Yalla Visa today, however I haven't done a transfer yet, so will see if it works or not.
Login to Me Too

ninada
Contributor
Contributor

@Natashiah please let us know if that worked. Also, is it easy to get this Yalla card? Are you Egyptian? I asked in the post office couple of years ago but it was complicated for foreigners and I couldn't get it at the end. Maybe it's easier now. Hopefully.

Login to Me Too

ninada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Natashiah, did you manage to transfer your money from PayPal to this Yalla Visa?

I've just tried to do transfer to my Alex Bank card but it still doesn't work 😞

Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
@ninada it's easy to get a Yalla Visa. You just need to go to the post office with your valid visa and they will give you the card. Plenty of foreigners have opened Yalla Visa accounts at the post office. You can also apply online.
Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @ninada Yes, my transfer to Yalla from Paypal was successful a few days ago. You can apply for Yalla visa online or get it immediately at your post office.
Login to Me Too

ninada
Contributor
Contributor

That's great @Natashiah! At least there is a hope to get our money back 😄 I will do that, thanks!

Login to Me Too

ninada
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass this article you posted was updated in 2014 and our problem started recently, last month. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ninada 

Doesn't make any difference as the article is still valid. 

Whilst some debit visas may work on the whole its best to guarantee it working with a credit visa.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.