PayPal can't verify that I'm the owner of my linked card so my transactions are failing.

new_user2
Contributor
Contributor

My debit card is linked successfully but it keeps me asking confirm the card again and again. I do receive the OTP, just the transaction doesn't succeed at the end.

Please note that I'm using UBI international debit card with international e-commerce enabled. Do I need to link my during working hours or there's some other problem?

As a matter of fact, I just removed the card to test everything is right by relinking it, and now my card won't even link saying it is declined.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@new_user2 

Could be one of several issues.

Firstly paypal does not support the Rupee as you can't buy or sell within your own country only internationally.

Secondly the cards billing address has to match the address on your paypal account and has to be a card issued in your country. 

Lastly is it an online / virtual card? If so then paypal normally does not support that card type.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

new_user2
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass thanks for the reply. It's a physical debit card and the payment was international actually (in USD). But PayPal was providing an option for paying in rupees so I opted for that one. Was that why it failed?

Regarding the billing address I simply used the one same as my address associated with the bank.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@new_user2 

Could be the rupee currency then as paypal no longer supports that currency and you can't do ''domestic'' payments ie within India.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

new_user2
Contributor
Contributor

And what about the fact that I can no longer link the card after unlinking?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.