Online suggestions on stopping Ebay instant pay do not work.

CALNNC
Contributor
Contributor

The several solutions to stopping Ebay from autopaying instantly do not seem to align with what I see on my screen.  Things like "Look for 'Sign out everywhere',"  or, " Go to Ebay financial preferences and and change your payment status",  are non existent on the screens that come up on my computer.  I ended up just deleting PP and the one credit card they had stored, so will see if this stops it, but the online suggestions leave do not seem to encompass what actually comes up on the screen.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CALNNC 

If you want to cancel automatic payments with a merchant, see What is an automatic payment and how do I update or cancel one?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CALNNC
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I see that, but not sure that is what I want, since the problem is ebay automatically having paypal make the payment without my intervention.  When I select cancel the ebay auto pay on PP, I get this message, "If you cancel now, you’ll have to set up automatic payments again to pay with PayPal."  Will I still be able to make PP manual payments on an ebay purchase as I did before, where it asks me how I want to pay and PayPal is one of the options?  You would think turning off the auto pay option, which the suggestion appeared when I was making a purchase with a quick click link to do so, would be just as easy to turn the darn thing off.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @CALNNC,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum!

Thanks @sharpiemarker for the help! Yes! Cancelling the subscription means stopping/cancelling all the future scheduled payments with eBay. You can still make payments to eBay for any goods or services you received. Some merchants sets up a billing agreement/subscription which authorizes to take payment from a customer's PayPal account when they make a purchase from the merchant’s website. As a buyer, you must agree to the Billing Agreement before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account. You can contact the merchant to turn off the auto pay in order to make manual payments with PayPal. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.