National Grid

Tollawa
Contributor
Contributor

My National Grid bill is not added to PayPal. It says wrong account number entered. The account number and full zip cpde are correct. Taken right from the bill. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Tollawa,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

I see you're looking to add your biller to pay bills using PayPal. Here's how you can link and pay bills using PayPal :

Go to your Dashboard.
Click More near the top right of the screen.
Click Pay your bills.
Search for your biller. If you've previously added a biller, click Add a New Bill first.
Select your biller and enter your bill account details.
Click Add Your Bill.

Please remember to have your latest paper or online bill statement available to ensure you have the correct account number and biller's information. The option to link and pay a bill through your PayPal account is only available for Personal users. if you don't see the biller in the search results, we may not have them available this time.

I hope this information helps you!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230406z
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. I've entered the correct info but the Pay Pal system tells me theres an error.
Login to Me Too

Bbatzel76
Contributor
Contributor

Same here too.  This is an issue with the bill form for National Grid on PayPal.  We're all entering in our account numbers correctly and receiving errors that "The number you entered doesn't match our records."  I have double and triple checked and I am entering in my National Grid account number correctly.  Please can someone from PayPal fix this?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Muddin94
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same issue. Called National Grid and after being moved up to level 3 tech support they told me National grid is blocking paypal from getting the data so we use their app which charges 2.5% service fee. 

Login to Me Too

Robyn221
Contributor
Contributor
So they told You you have to use the national grid app? But can you still pay through PayPal credit? If you can let me know that would be great!
Login to Me Too

716tommyJ
New Community Member
We've already done this. It's telling us the account number doesn't match the records. I have 3 and none work. Taken directly off current bills. Tried with dash and without. Please escalate this. Same issue here, I have 3 accounts and I get the same error for all 3. Number and zip are correct. PayPal please fix!!
Login to Me Too

Robyn221
Contributor
Contributor
Still waiting on a resolution to this issue! Can someone please help!! Thank you
Login to Me Too

baoxi
Contributor
Contributor

This is still not resolved as of 9.29.23

CANNOT ADD NATIONAL GRID ACCOUNT FOR PAYPAL BILL PAY. 

Please fix!

Login to Me Too

baoxi
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE GUYS!! After another hour of trouble shooting there is a resolution!!!!
Paypal's Bill Pay feature has a visual bug for some billers...

baoxi_0-1696018527285.png

The "ZIP" that paypal requests for should be the BILLER's ZIP not your own personal zip.

On your National Grid bill statement on the left hand side is where your biller's zip resides. (see following highlighted area)

baoxi_1-1696018638538.png

Enter this value from your own statement including the hyphen and it should work.

There are various billers that have this visual bug... T-Mobile is another one that also uses billers zip instead of the requested "zip". 

In general if zip does not work look for the Biller's Zip! (In my opinion it is a bug or error because Paypal also actually requests for "Biller's Zip" for certain billers as well)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.