My account is on hold

TTClub
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Today I received some money from a company called adskeeper. I did not expect to receive it because it is a company that pays for advertising when you complete $100 in your balance.

I unknowingly completed the $100 and they transferred the money to my account, but when I log into paypal I see that my account is on hold.

Paypal put me several conditions to be able to withdraw my money and they are the following:

1. Process 10 payments for goods and services starting today.
2. Process $200.00 USD in sales starting today.
3. Have an account in good standing for 60 days.

Regarding these conditions I should mention that I am not a regular buyer, so making 10 purchases or payments as of today, is something that is not in my plans and it seems to me that paypal should not force people to spend their money buying things they don't need.

I am also not a seller, then getting $200 in sales overnight is not in my reach at least for now.

The only requirement I do meet is that my account has not had any problems in the last 60 days.

So how can I get my money if I can't meet the first two conditions that paypal requires of me?

I would be grateful if someone from the community could answer my question.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TTClub 

When you receive funds into a new paypal account you are subject to the 'hold' for new accounts.

However you don't have to meet all those requirements to have each payment released, the funds are released at 21 days or earlier as per links.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

When you meet all the requirements that you mentioned then any funds received won't be held anymore and you won't have to wait for funds release as per links.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.