Money is on hold and "get your money" option is gone.

greyjamu
New Community Member

First time using paypal as this is my first international transaction. So my problem is exactly as it said on the title. The money is held for 21 days but the problem is I need it asap. I sold a gaming account and gave it as soon as I saw the money was on hold and the customer had paid. When I was listing it as a virtual service and marked it as completed all the page said was "We're experiencing technical difficulties" without being specific about what the actual problem is so I kept trying it over and over even in different browsers and it still said the same thing. Afterwards, I read somewhere here that another alternative is to "Edit tracking info"  and then put the Order Status as "Shipped" with "No tracking info required" checked so I did that and it was supposed to send an email to the customer and they can click "Confirm Receipt" which would release my held money instantly but the problem was there was no option like that on the email sent to the customer they even provided screen pics of the email. The worse part is when I updated the tracking info the "Get your money" option disappeared. What do I do now wtf is going on? paypal took a huge amount off the payment already now they're holding my money? WHAT IS THIS? I have also sent a message to paypal already and i keep getting bots and automated responses wtf

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@greyjamu 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HSaad
New Community Member

The issue it gives me error screen each and every time I try to update "Get your Money Sooner" or "Add tracking info"

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@HSaad,

We cannot see the details of your account right now via this channel. I advise you to contact us via the contact us section at the bottom of your account or via Twitter/Facebook. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

BKMI
New Community Member

Same problem. Paypal is no good for swift business requiring human intelligence. Great for small daily transaction though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.