Looking to Use My Balance

JamminBen
New Community Member

I was purchasing something online and I saw an option to pay by PayPal. So, I totally clicked on it because I knew I had a balance available on my account. But the screen that I got sent to (after logging in, etc) only had the option of paying my credit card (plus pay later, which I did not need). So, I paid by credit card (the purchase was fine) and then I logged into my PayPal separately. Yup- the balance is still there. But now I am like how can I spend that balance on stuff if I do not get an option in the payment screen. Maybe Im seeing it wrong, but I thought I would ask y'all to try and learn something. I did not immediately see anything in the HELP section. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @JamminBen

Thanks for joining the Community! 

I'm sorry you weren't able to use your PayPal balance. You'll want to ensure your account is a PayPal Balance account. If it's not, you can upgrade to a PayPal Balance account by completing a full verification. If your account is already a PayPal Balance account, then you may have run into our Security System. If our Security System detected higher than average risk on your transaction, it might have limited what payment methods were available. To help with this, I recommend constantly logging in from the same device when you're using your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.