Issue with Money on Hold (Art Commissions/Streaming Donations)

Smeengis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all! I've been searching for a solution for this for days and have yet to find one.

I take Art Commissions digitally, being that they are either emailed or directly messaged to the recipient. The current issue I am having is that my
payments are being placed on hold because they require tracking (for a shipment) and they will not be released from hold until "one day of delivery."

Once I saw this, I went ahead and changed the shipment status to "Order Processed." I waited a few days and returned today. However, it is all still on hold. I have over 100$ of Commission payments and donations/tips from my live streams that I can't access, and it's starting to worry me.

I have been in contact with one of my frequent commissioners, and he even looked into his account and the transactions between us to see if there was any way to confirm that he received the commission, and there wasn't from what he could see. 

I don't know if he might have missed something or if I am missing something, but Paypal has become so convoluted nowadays and issues like these make it less and less likely for me to use the service, which sucks because I know how many people use it and how convenient the transaction process is. I don't mean that in a "You're gonna lose my service!!" kind of way, it just makes me kinda sad haha.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! 🙂

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Temp20220214S
New Community Member

PPal has illegally been holding $5000. of mine for nearly six months

No surprise they are being sued.

Login to Me Too

Smeengis
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I had no idea they were being sued!? 5000 is absolutely insane!! I am so so sorry that you're having to deal with that.

Login to Me Too

BuiltByPottsy
Contributor
Contributor

I also run a small Business, it's going on it's 13th anniversary.. Been using paypal for around 20-yrs.. Years ago we started selling product online from January through April to help sales on our slower season. It was always easy, sell and print USPS pre-paid labels through paypal. Then directly to the Post Office with loads of product sometimes twice a day. This year we started selling online our Valentine's Day Flowers.. Sales went crazy, went to start printing labels and shipping product... Then I was hit with Shipstation, the New wsy to print pre-paided USPS labels.. Shipstation and PayPal where not 100% communicating together with my account. This lead to Errors trying to buy/print labels.. I spent two days on the phone with PayPal.. PayPal has great phone help when you finally get to them... , On the other hand, Shipstation customer help is some of the worst. You can't even call and talk to anyone, they want to email or chat... Well Shipstation that don't work in a world of small fast moving business with orders coming in and stacking up with no way to process.. I personally would fire Shipstation after my experience!!! As this is going on my money is On Hold because I am not shipping/printing labels.. This was extremely frustrating! Here I am a PayPal customer of 20-yrs with a perfect standing and not able to transfer My Money to my bank to help start covering operation cost. Once the Error issues where solved between Paypal and Shipstation I was under the impression my funds On Hold would free up... They slowly are and it's been 10-days since the start... Here I am frustrating again... We are selling and shipping daily.. Paypal is still holding funds... With the amount of years I have been with them I find this absurd! I to had almost $5000 on hold at one time... That was so frustrating, I contemplated finding a alterative to PayPal.. Instead I was patient.. Here I am again getting very frustrated, PayPal countinously holding funds.. I am about to wits end and working on other routes/alternatives to PayPal... Going to give them one more chance... If not happy I am moving my business from Paypal all together.. Sincerely, Aaron [removed] "Pottsy" Mechanical Designer Owner/Founder Built By Pottsy llc

Login to Me Too

Snowolfpup
Contributor
Contributor
Its said to take 21 days if it happens to be digital, as far as I understand from researching into it. I'm in the same situation of my money being held. Its annoying but I think if you also call paypal they could maybe possibly let you know what could be done or if there's anyway to get it sooner.
Login to Me Too

SenCas10
New Community Member
Is the 21-day holding period accurate? Big hassle but I guess I can wait if Paypal's gonna be true to it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.