Issue a refund

TOxicALien
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I used to be able to issue refunds by clicking on a transaction and pressing the refund button now it is not there anymore. How do I issue refunds now?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TOxicALien 

Try clearing browser cache/cookies, or try a different browser. Also make sure your browser is current version.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TOxicALien
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to do both of the suggestions, but I just do not see the refund button where it used to be. 

Login to Me Too

hamfisted
New Community Member

Having the exact same problem. Refund button is gone for all transcactions.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @TOxicALien and @hamfisted,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to issue the refund. Currently there is a known issue with the refund button. I would suggest you to reach out to our support team to get your information added to any open tickets to aid our technicians in researching and resolving this issue. You can reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page. Support is also available through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Lincsilver
New Community Member

I had to contact customer service via chat to issue a refund. never had to do that in the past.

Login to Me Too

PvC-AB
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running into the same issue now (July 14). First post is from May 1. Does this means this issue is still not solved yet??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @PvC-AB

Welcome back to the PayPal community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to issue a refund on a transaction. If you're still running into issues after clearing your browser's cache and cookies, as well as trying through another browser or the PayPal app, please reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PvC-AB
Contributor
Contributor

I already did but they come up with all kinds of complex workarounds to issue a refund, which I already did by issueing a normal payment, consequently avoid the answer to the simple question: 'why is there no refund button like there used to be earlier, and when will it be back?'
(Not to mention that the first answer to this question was 'to issue a refund, click the refund button'... duh.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.