I was sent money but did not receive it.

Tytaan
New Community Member

I was sent money by a friend but the money was not received from my end. I have done a few transactions with them but this time the money did not appear. It was deducted from their account but did not reflect in mine 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tytaan 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JosephLuft
Contributor
Contributor

I was also sent money (2 of 4 money sends by this person) but have not received (2 of the 4 sends).  The money was removed from his account and the transactions show in his transaction list with transaction IDs.  These two transactions (of 4)  do not show in my transactions list and the money was not received.  These are all USA to USA transactions.

What can I do to resolve this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @JosephLuft

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have two missing transactions. I recommend asking the sender to double-check and ensure that the email was typed correctly on both of those transactions. If there was a mistype, then it wouldn't link to your account and is likely showing unclaimed on their side. They can learn how to cancel an unclaimed payment by following these steps. If all of their payments show completed and the emails they sent them to are correct, please ask them for the transaction IDs and then reach out to Customer Support. They may be able to cross-reference the transaction IDs to determine what happened. 

I hope you receive the missing payments soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

JosephLuft
Contributor
Contributor

Meghan,

Thank you for responding.  It took some digging, but I finally figured out that the customer sent the 2 payments to another person with the same name.   I have asked them to be sure in the future that they enter my email address rather than my name.  They are submitting additional payment to me to resolve, then they will try to retrieve the payments from the other party.

Thanks.  Joe

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.