I used to be able to always pay in the currency of the market place I buy at.

Floigenkaspar
Contributor
Contributor

Now Paypal automatically uses the currency of my credit card and charges me their currency rate. How can I change it back to always pay in the currency of the product?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Floigenkaspar

Thank you for your reply! This is a great question. You should see the option to choose your card's currency conversion rate during checkout when it's available.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Floigenkaspar,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

I understand you're worried about the currency conversion charges. When you add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account, it's often automatically registered in your local currency. When you make a payment using PayPal that requires a currency conversion, we'll show you our exchange rate. If you’re using a card, you can choose either your card issuer's exchange rate or PayPal's. More information about PayPal's currency exchange rates can be found here. You can also reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Floigenkaspar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Bindu

Thank you for the comprehensive answer. I must have missed the option to use my credit card issuers conversion rate. Is there an option I might have missed in my own account settings?

Best regards,

Floigenkaspar

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Floigenkaspar

Thank you for your reply! This is a great question. You should see the option to choose your card's currency conversion rate during checkout when it's available.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bennyyue
New Community Member

Hi,

The problem is, when I use automatic payments like apple subscriptions, there won't be any page to choose currency. How can I change the default currency to my preferred one?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.