I can't send money from my PayPal balance !?

Mssaw3d
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to send money I keep getting this message " we are sorry, we can't complete your payment right now. please try again later. if you continue to encounter problems, please contact us. "

I send this to the Secure Message Centre and reply was :

Hi Zen! Welcome to PayPal Messaging! I can understand the importance of completing your transfer today. I want to assure you that you did everything correctly.

Upon checking your account, I see that our system reviewed your attempt and at this point in time, PayPal has prevented this specific transaction for security reasons. In situations like these, we elect to keep you and your account safe rather than potentially putting you at risk. This decision is based on a real-time scan that takes place instantly at the time of purchase. I noticed that you sent several Personal payments and it could be one the reason of the decline.
I can’t guarantee a specific time when this will be allowed, but you are welcome to try again in the future. If you run into issues, you can always feel welcome to reach out, but if we can’t complete an override, you’d need to continue waiting or send these funds outside our system. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for contacting PayPal and for being a valued customer. I appreciate the opportunity in assisting you today.

Can anyone tell me what to do ?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

qzlxz
New Community Member

did you ever get this fixed? @Mssaw3d 

Login to Me Too

Mssaw3d
Contributor
Contributor

@qzlxz I still have the same issue, I was allowed to send 1 $ to my brother but after that it return to give me the same error message 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mssaw3d 

Paypal sometimes limit you making lots of f/f payments in case you are using that option to pay sellers against paypal rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mssaw3d
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you for you help BUT I am confused now !

I contacted PayPal messages centre and I told them I want to do trades on Paxful.com (buy and sell Cryptocurrencies ) and I want to use my PayPal account as my payment method with option "friends and family" to send and receive payment from other traders and I don't need PayPal buyer protection because Paxful.com offer me that

I send this :

I want to buy and sell crypto on Paxful.com

I want to send money with option "Friends and Family"

and receive money with option "Friends and Family"

I don't know the person that I am sending money to

and I understand that I need to send money with "Goods and services" option to get my buyer protection to make sure I don't get scammed

but Paxful.com offer me Buyer protection for my trades

I just asking if it is against PayPal terms to send and receive money from people I don't know with "Friends and Family" option

thanks"

and reply was :

" yes you can send money using "friends/family" but to set expectation that sending personal payment is NOT covered by buyer's protection and at the same time buying cryto isn't covered by buyer protection as well.

But if it is only for making a payment (incoming and outgoing) yes, you can use "family and friends" as long as the system allow you."
Please let me know what is right and what is wrong and am I violating any of PayPal terms ?
Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mssaw3d 

Call centre agents aren't always the brightest lights in the harbour >>

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_AU

If you use your PayPal account to receive payments for the sale of goods or services, or receive donations, you must:

• Pay any applicable fees for receiving the funds.
  • Not ask your buyer to send you money using the “send money to a friend or family member”. If you do so, PayPal may remove your PayPal account's ability to accept payments from friends or family members.

Also  ...

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item or item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WWinSD
New Community Member

Leave PayPal and use an app that really works!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WWinSD 

Yet you haven't closed your account yet?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.