I accidentally sent money to my temporary debit card that is closed.

AaronHoward
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a temporary Chime debit card that I forgot had deactivated already. It's not showing up in my bank account or in my PayPal. What is the right course of action from here?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @AaronHoward 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help and thanks for posting here!

I completely understand your concern about the funds sent to a closed account. The Complete status of the withdrawal in your account means PayPal successfully processed the transfer to your card. Even though the card is deactivated, there is a chance that the funds sill go to the bank account associated with the card. I suggest you to check with your bank about the receipt of the withdrawal.

If there's any issue with the withdrawal, your bank will notify the PayPal by a week and reverses the funds back to your balance. I recommend you to wait till the required time frame. If you don't see the money after the time frame, you can report it with your bank as well as with PayPal Support team. You can find the contact options to reach PayPal team here : How do I contact PayPal customer service

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.