How come I cannot add funds to PayPal from my bank??

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to add funds to my PayPal Balance today, and ended up instead getting endless error messages from the website....

So, I tried to call for some help, and now I am stuck waiting 18 - 27 minutes for a callback.   😩 Does anybody know if PayPal is having tech problems today for some reason??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @zlloyd1 

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to add money to your PayPal balance. Each time you try to initiate a transaction, it goes through a series of filters for possible risk. The system may temporarily block the activity if it deems risk. I recommend you to try again at a later date by clearing cache/cookies from your browser or try using a different browser/device. If the issue persists, please reach out to PayPal Support team to get this checked further.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I woke up this morning and tried to add funds to my PayPal Balance from my bank account, which has been linked for years, but all of a sudden it won't work....

Instead of transferring the money, it gives me the following error -

'We’re having trouble with this transaction

Try again with another debit card or bank account.'

So, I attempted to link my bank again, but am getting another error from that as follows -

'Something went wrong

We couldn't link your bank. Try again later.'

So I tried to call Support, but got a recorded answering robot instead.

What is wrong with my PayPal account??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @zlloyd1

Thanks for stopping by the PayPal Community to ask your question! 

I understand you're unable to add money to your PayPal account, and I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you're running into the Security System. PayPal's Security System reviews every action that takes place on a PayPal account and may limit what payment methods are available. When logging into your PayPal account, I recommend using one consistent device with your location services turned on. It's also a good idea to avoid using a VPN or hosting IP. When you receive error messages, it can also sometimes help to clear your cache and cookies or try another browser. 

If the error persists after attempting these troubleshooting steps, you would want to reach back out to Customer Support through one of these options

I hope you're able to add money soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.