How can i see if is sent as friend

GroveX
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I’ve received money, and says Received, not holding/pending But how can i be sure of its sent as a friend/family? And how can i be sure of can not scam me and take back my money?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm...

If PayPal takes little (up to 3.4%) or less commissions on this funds, its most likely Friends&Family case.

If there is something about 4-5% gone (not less) and you see and feel that difference, that's definetly about Purchase.

Login to Me Too

GroveX
Contributor
Contributor
Hard to know Because he sent usd and i received euro…
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TonyTam 

Sellers or recipients do not pay fees for friends/family payments, the sender would pay any fee.

@GroveX 

If you were charged a fee then it was a goods/services payment, equally you would get the buyers address if it was a payment for goods as you would need to send the item.

However..........

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item or item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.