Deposit and final payment

shaw_field
Contributor
Contributor
We are a running club who regularly use PayPal to enable members to buy club kit. We need to ask for a deposit from members to order kit in advance with a second payment due when items arrive in a month's time. Can we use the "payment over multiple billing cycles" functionality to make this happen? Don't want to use PayPal credit.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @shaw_field

Welcome! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. This is a great question! Instead of setting up a subscription or automatic payment with a billing cycle, you may want to look into accepting partial payments with one invoice. You can send one invoice per person for the entire kit amount, then select the box for "Allow partial payment". That will allow the recipient make one payment now, and complete the invoice at a later date. 

I hope that helps. Best wishes with this and your future transactions with PayPal,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @shaw_field

Welcome! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. This is a great question! Instead of setting up a subscription or automatic payment with a billing cycle, you may want to look into accepting partial payments with one invoice. You can send one invoice per person for the entire kit amount, then select the box for "Allow partial payment". That will allow the recipient make one payment now, and complete the invoice at a later date. 

I hope that helps. Best wishes with this and your future transactions with PayPal,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

shaw_field
Contributor
Contributor
Ok that's great. I can see how to do that. But another issue is that we use a PayPal 'badge' on our website to get payment, using the code supplied by PayPal. Is there additional code we can add to our website which enables a specific part payment or deposit, together with a requirement to pay the balance on a specific date ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@shaw_field

Thanks for your follow-up question. You can create two different PayPal buttons for the two different reasons and amounts. However, you wouldn't be able to create a 'requirement' to pay the remaining balance on a specific date with a button. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.