Completed a purchase, but my card has not been charged

Orlet
Contributor
Contributor

Two days ago (on May 21st) I have completed a purchase with payment via PayPal. The seller appears to have received confirmation that the transaction has gone through, and the order has already been shipped, however, my credit card has not been charged yet. This is the first time I have encountered this, as normally my transactions get charged to my bank almost immediately, couple of minutes the longest. It's been over 48 hours now.

The card definitely has enough funds available, and I've since had other transactions done, including an automated PayPal payment, which has been charged right away. This is also not the first time I'm buying from this seller, and all the previous transactions have been charged immediately too.

I'm just confused about why this particular order has not been charged yet.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orlet 

PayPal will eventually charge you. Make sure you have sufficient funds to cover it. It's not just you, others have reported this experience.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orlet 

PayPal will eventually charge you. Make sure you have sufficient funds to cover it. It's not just you, others have reported this experience.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Orlet
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, thank you. I'll keep the card topped up then and wait.

Update: the charge has come through today. Thank you again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.