Cant use verified bank account to send money.

colordevice

I was trying to send money for a deposit on an apartment using PayPal and a linked, verified bank account. (Has been linked and verified for years...) And when I go to send, my only option is debit card, which charges me a $30 fee. The bank account isn't even listed as an option, but in my wallet, it is preferred payment method.

I then tried to outsmart the $30 PayPal fee by adding money directly to my balance. My bank account shows up there just fine But when I tired to use my card to add funds, I got some random error saying they couldn't complete my transaction. Plenty of money in account and no limit with bank.

Is this some sort of scam/funnel tactic by PayPal I have been a customer using PayPal since eBay first launched, for all of my transaction needs, and only in the last few years I have noticed money that was sent to me being held by PayPal for 60 DAYS for no reason. I have also noticed S H I T like this, where they only give me the option to send money if they get charged a fee. This is **bleep** illegal, and after this transaction, I don't think I will use this garbage platform anymore. Y'all TOO **bleep** GREEDY

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@colordevice 

When you use a bank account funds are never instant, paypal credits the recipient /seller upfront so there is no delay in the despatch of item and then paypal wait for the echeck to process (5-7 days).

However if its a friends/family transaction where there is no fee then normally you and the recipient have to await echeck clearance. 

Now the reason you ''maybe'' can't use that option is that a lot of sellers/recipients block echeck payments as they don't want to take that wait so a card option only is presented.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jayerst
New Community Member
I found out that paypal is NOT clear on a couple things regarding this and they don't know either... first, is there's daily, weekly and mo nthly limits on what you can add to your wallet with your bank or debit/credit card. Second thing is do you have a backup payment option saved in your account? You can't do instant transfers unless you do! Also, if your account is business not personal alyou can't send or recieve money to or from "friends of family" unless it's a personal paypal account. Why the customer service reps don't know is baffling. Hope one of these was your issue!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayerst 

The answers to all your questions are easy but can't be answered if you don't say which country you are in.

Paypal is country specific and what you can and can't do is down to which country you live in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.