Are you going too far? I didn't get full refund from cancelled bank transfer!

reticent_lad
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, so I made a choice to transfer all of my PayPal funds to my bank account.

Unfortunately, it was cancelled for some reason. 

I got a refund, but not all of it. Sure, I'll give you guys credit if you gave the refund minus the fee for bank transfer.

But no, you took like 20% of my balance and gave an unreasonable partial refund. The invoice doesn't even show the full details on why I wasn't given the full.

What's worse, the refund amount from the invoice was totally different from my actual balance. Remember that I transferred all of my funds, which leaves my balance to zero. When refunded, the invoice shows refund of ₱1,054.49, but my actual balance is ₱1,104.49. 

If this doesn't get settled, then it's safe to assume that you are blatantly stealing from an innocent customer. Might as well spread this word to others 🙂Screenshot 2023-06-28 164436.png1.png2.png

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reticent_lad 

Paypal processes the funds for you but if it fails you pay a fee for the failed transfer. FEES are in paypals user agreement for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

reticent_lad
Contributor
Contributor

I really couldn't care less if they don't pay a fee or a failed transfer. All I want is a full refund. Is that too much to ask for them?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reticent_lad 

Your the one that pays the fee for the failed transaction and that is why you did not get the full amount back in your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

reticent_lad
Contributor
Contributor

And why the hell am I paying a fee for a failed transfer? That's extremely inconvenient for customers, incurring costs for failed services. Also, if I do incur that hidden fee, might as well for them to show it in the invoice. The only fee deducted that was shown in invoice was the bank transfer fee, which is ₱50.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reticent_lad 

Yep inconvenient for Paypal I guess as they provided you with the service of transferring funds for you and it fails not through anything that was their fault.

Try reading up on FEES in Paypals user agreement for your country.

Its not hidden, most of us read up on the FEES before starting to use Paypal for selling.

Bank Return on Withdrawal/Transfer out of PayPal Table

250 PHP.

and, you're welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

reticent_lad
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the link for that?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reticent_lad 

I've told you where to find it twice already !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @reticent_lad,

Thank you for starting this thread and for your question! Welcome!

The information given in the previous replies should help, but I can also see you may not be aware of where to start. To find the User Agreement, click Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website. There you will find the link to the User Agreement and there will be a dropdown to select the correct country. The User Agreement will contain the information that was referenced. Thanks @kernowlass!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.