New terms of service

ocpianoman
Contributor
Contributor

Received the email with the subject "We're making some changes to our PayPal legal agreements".

Followed the links and there are too many of them and they are just too long, so I didn't read it all. How about a short summary in plain English, right in the email notification or on the front page of the link? Unless there's something you're trying to hide from us.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @ocpianoman and @kernowlass

Welcome to the PayPal Community, @ocpianoman, and thank you both for your posts! 

I understand you'd like to review a shortened version of the recent updates, and I'm sorry for the trouble it has caused not being able to locate them. I recommend visiting this page for just the upcoming policy updates. You can locate it by selecting 'Legal' at the bottom of any PayPal website. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ocpianoman 

If you can't understand it and its too long for you then get someone else to help you or ask customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ocpianoman
Contributor
Contributor

You've missed the point, which is that only a very small percentage of Paypal users will take the time to wade through all the legalese. If Paypal wanted to be a user-friendly and transparent company, they might take the time to summarize or outline these changes at the front of the Policy Updates page for people who don't want to spend hours figuring out the changes. This was meant as a suggestion, not a request for help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ocpianoman 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @ocpianoman and @kernowlass

Welcome to the PayPal Community, @ocpianoman, and thank you both for your posts! 

I understand you'd like to review a shortened version of the recent updates, and I'm sorry for the trouble it has caused not being able to locate them. I recommend visiting this page for just the upcoming policy updates. You can locate it by selecting 'Legal' at the bottom of any PayPal website. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

No_Time
You have missed the point of our request. We don't to login and look up the changes unless they are of importance to us to know more. Just provide a short summary or headline with a specific links for each so we can lookup what concerns us. If not we don't have time to read the as provide and this seems your aim if you ignore customer requests. Other banks and institutions provide this if they have long complicated terms and conditions. If you are going to make constant updates and very long terms and conditions then you need to provide a realistic way for average busy people to access them.
Login to Me Too

No_Time
It seems you don't understand. Receiving updates terms and conditions from multiple organisations and reading all of them if they don't provide a summary is too time consuming. Many organisations like banks and insurance companies provide this so customers can keep up-to-date and no ignore them because they are too busy. Are you suggesting I employ someone to read all my updates and summaries them for me ?
Login to Me Too

No_Time
I agree everyone is sick of the constant changes in legal terms and conditions which are not summarised in emails so you have to login and read all of them again. Who has time to do this? let's ask PayPal to summarises any changes they make in their notifications and provide specific links to each changes so we can find and get more details if we want. A SUMMARY IS ESSENTIAL IF THEY ARE NOT TO BE SEEN AS DELIBERATELY TRYING TO HIDE CHANES. THOUGH THIS COULD BE USED AS A DEFENCE IN CLAIMS AGAINST THEM BECAUSE SO MANY CUSTOMERS HAVE REQUESTED IT.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.