Complaint about an employee

Slyk1
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a horrible experience with a paypal employee today (Dispute) who basically sarcastically responded to my question/request with “we are going in a circle”

I have answered a dispute within the deadline on your app, and mede a comment in the commentbox, there were no other options. so I thought everything was ok. Then I get an email that you have closed the case. so I call the customer and get an employee on the phone. Who keep claiming that I have not done as I should., even though there must have been a tecnical problem with the app as she explain. That I dragged it to the last minute, so it's my own fault. I try many times to explain to her. that I believed in good faith, that everything was as it should be, since there was only a field for a comment or answer, and it has saved the comment, so I cannot know that the matter has not progressed futher, since there was nothing else to look at the page. I asked for contact with her supervisor, but she denied it and hund up.  Its ok if she don't like the job. However, this unprofessional and errogant behavior shouldn't be tolerated by Paypal.  I would like to email/contact someone but heard that these complaints are often ignored.  Suggestion?  Advice?  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slyk1 

Do you mean you opened a paypal dispute and it auto-closed at 20 days because you didn't escalate the dispute to a claim??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Slyk1
Contributor
Contributor

I went in om the PayPal app (for the first time, never used the app before) to go further with my complain, there was only a commentfield. Nothing more, so I wrote in this commentfield and the app saved it. So I belived everything was ok and the complaint was going further. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slyk1 

The dispute stage is for you to open and put comments which the vendor may reply to.

If you don't hear anything then you have up to 20 days to escalate the dispute to a claim.

You would get an email once the dispute has opened telling you all this.

If you don't escalate to a claim which is when paypal get involved then it would auto close.

Or it would close if you clicked on that option after submitting a comment by mistake.

Once auto closed you can't re-open it or open a new dispute for the same transaction.

I am sure the employee explained all this to you. If you didn't accept it then he may well say you were going around in circles, can't see anything actually rude in that to complain about.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tazenter
Contributor
Contributor
I've been using PayPal for well over 25 years and been a loyal customer!
Recently it has very frustrating buying stuff through PayPal and this morning I finally
made a call.

The first call (10:26AM)
I get I started by asking your rep a Man I was told name Mike, I said
"why is it such a pain in the **bleep**" that's as far as I got and he says
"why are you such a pain in the **bleep**", He then says "I don't know go ask your wife"
and hung up on me, I'm like stunned to say the least.

I call back and the first lady I spoke with was nice and polite but I asked for a
supervisor in which she sent me to one and this supervisor was no better than the first
guy I spoke with, she tells me to calm down and sometimes I speak loud because my hearing
is bad but I was not screaming at her just a little upset and rightfully so.

She continued to tell me to calm down in which did nothing but make me more upset and
eventually she hung up on me. If this is your new customer service I am canceling my
account and I will never return.

Because of these 2 individuals you lost a transaction, one I will now be going to Amazon
and that may be my new plat form.

I use to speak highly of PayPal over the last 25 + years and if this is how I am going to
be treated then I will no longer do business with you and I most certainly will let everyone
I know about this.

Been dealing with this over an hour, the absolutely rude and no resolution reps I got on
the phone, never got what I was trying to order because these incompetent horrible very
rude reps who (one was a supervisor) could not deal with the situation and my item was
never ordered I am beyond frustrated and am likely closing my account with PayPal for good.

All that needed to happen was this first person I spoke with help out my situation which was,
I'm having trouble making a purchase with PayPal and my words were to be, "why is it such a
pain in the **bleep** to buy with PayPal lately" but this idiot of a service rep stops me at
"Why is it such a pain in the **bleep**" and proceeds to say to me,
"why are you such a pain in the **bleep**, I don't know go ask your wife",
I could not believe what I just heard, he then hangs up on me because my next question was
going to be, is this PayPal, but he hung up on me.

Then I call back as I said, the 1st girl I got was very nice but I wanted a supervisor and
she sent me to this supervisor, this was around 10:41AM -10:51AM and the supervisor was no
better than the guy I was complaining about, she was just about as rude and also hung up on
me, wow!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tazenter 

ok  🤷  however that has nothing to do with me, and its not 'my' rep thanks.

Posting calls on here and what happened with employees of Paypal we have only your word as the other party doesn't get a voice so its hardly impartial as to what happened. Guess they have bad days as well with lots of rude callers?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tazenter

Thank you for your post and I'm so sorry to hear of the experience that you encountered with what appeared to be a customer service representative. I would be happy to help you get to the bottom of this. 

Where did you find the number that you called? Was it through a websearch, or did you get it from the Contact Us page? Numbers found through a websearch or email are often fraudsters posing as Customer Service in order to gather information that would be used to conduct fraud later. I've heard many stories of the kind of rudeness that you describe when someone presents any sort of difficulty to defraud. I recommend contacting using the methods listed in the PayPal Help Center article linked above if you still need to communicate with PayPal.

I really hope this is able to be resolved for you rapidly.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.