set limit on payment?

ChrisCowles
Contributor
Contributor

I have several vendors set up for recurring payments through Paypal. Is there a way I can set a dollar limit on those charges? Visible was recently hacked and the hackers are charging new phones to the victims' accounts. Paypal wouldn't allow one of them to stop the payment because the vendor was already authorized. I can prevent a problem if I can set a per-transaction or daily dollar limit.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ChrisCowles,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to know about what has happened. I'm afraid it's not possible to set a limit on a transaction of the PayPal account. If you do not want to pay the vendor/merchant, you can certainly try to locate the preapproved payment and can cancel it and then report the transactions. If not, you'll have to reach out to the merchant to stop the payment. 

Best wishes, 
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.