"service charges for administering transactions"

questions8
Contributor
Contributor

Would PayPal withdraw $2000+ from a bank account for "service charges for administering the transactions" on a website set up using PayPal Business (via Jotform) as a gateway for checkout? (The form for those transactions is now disabled because it was a temporary registration form.)

I don't think so, but it happened to the bank attached to the transactions. At first I thought it was an error that PayPal quickly corrected since I could find no record of it in my PayPal account, but the money did not return to the bank. Now I think the bank has been hacked, and I've told them of this possibility. But I want to be sure that PayPal does not charge such "service charges."

I can attach a copy of the withdrawal if someone will tell me how to attach an image.

I can't get any response to my messages. Please reply quickly.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @questions8

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you have an unrecognized charge on your bank. The service charge you mentioned doesn't sound like a charge we'd process, especially if it isn't showing on your PayPal account. However, we'd be happy to investigate this with you. You can contact Customer Support on Twitter by sending DM to @AskPayPal or a PM on Facebook by going to facebook.com/PayPal. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this is resolved soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.