"You can't use PayPal anymore" How do I recover my account?

aiuhksfhse
New Community Member

Good evening, almost a week ago I opened a PayPal account for a business that I'm just starting, I put the information the page asked me for (just like the business ID, my full name, my home's address, etc). HOWEVER, the app sent me a message that said that there was some risk and suspicious activity in the account (when I didn't even do nor get a payment), for that reason the app asked me to send my ID card, which I already did. And after all, PayPal just closed my account like forever. I don't understand what did I do wrong. I did EVERYTHING PayPal asked me for. What else can I do to recover my PayPal account? 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aiuhksfhse 

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.