"We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time."

sarahnorthway
Contributor
Contributor

I have often been getting this error in the last 3 months:

"We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method."

What could be causing this? Some orders are fine... others are not. I've never encountered this before and suddenly it's every 2nd or 3rd time I try to use Paypal. Today's vendor has no alternative payment method. I'm in Canada and so are they.

I REALLY wish there was some sort of error code so I could at least know if my account is in a broken state (which it often seems to be) or if it's just a coincidence and it's the merchant's fault.

Also hahaha that paypal lets me draft an email to support and hit send before saying that email service isn't available and I have to call. SO FUNNY >_<

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sarahnorthway
Contributor
Contributor

Replying to my own topic - the problem was indeed that my account was in a messed up state. I hadn't noticed the little red (1) over the bell icon at the top right of the main site. What it was trying to tell me with its teeny tiny little red (1) was "OMG YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN LOCKED DOWN!!! YOU CAN'T SEND MONEY UNTIL YOU SEND US PROOF OF IDENTITY!!! AGAIN!!!".

Hot tip: if you log out of paypal and try your purchase again, you can enter your credit card to make a paypal payment directly without logging in or signing up (even if your credit card is on a locked down account).

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sarahnorthway
Contributor
Contributor

Replying to my own topic - the problem was indeed that my account was in a messed up state. I hadn't noticed the little red (1) over the bell icon at the top right of the main site. What it was trying to tell me with its teeny tiny little red (1) was "OMG YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN LOCKED DOWN!!! YOU CAN'T SEND MONEY UNTIL YOU SEND US PROOF OF IDENTITY!!! AGAIN!!!".

Hot tip: if you log out of paypal and try your purchase again, you can enter your credit card to make a paypal payment directly without logging in or signing up (even if your credit card is on a locked down account).

Login to Me Too

bella126
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this problem and i don't have any notifications telling me theres an issue so im not sure what's wrong
Login to Me Too

Anthonyp416
New Community Member
We’re you able to solve this ? I am having the same issue now
Login to Me Too

Samantha4k
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I am
Login to Me Too

Samantha4k
Contributor
Contributor
Same I think it may be bc u haven’t used funds for a while and then all of a sudden your buying stuff ??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.