paypal refused unauthorised activity where do i go now i am out of pocked £438.99. help

greencoupe
Contributor
Contributor

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

On 18th January I was notified that PayPal had noticed possible unauthorised activity on my account.  I was locked out of my account and  I finally accessed it on 22nd and discovered there WAS an unauthorised transaction on 12th January  I contacted Paypal immediately to raise a dispute. Twenty minutes later I was told this had been investigated and ruled that no unauthorised activity had taken place.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@greencoupe 

Firstly I would edit your post and remove your personal information from this public, worldwide forum.

Secondly paypal would deny any unauthorised claim if they checked and it looked from your IP address that you made the transaction.

This happens if you have clicked on an unsafe link in an email OR allowed someone else inadvertently to use your account by giving away your password etc. 

The only way you can find out why it was denied is by checking with customer services.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TTLONDON
New Community Member

I am experiencing an exactly same situation now. The call line is not working and the automated chat just repeats the same answer they cannot dispute the closed case.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.