<removed> sg transaction

Birdleb
Contributor
Contributor

I have just queried this transaction on my bank account with my bank and was advised to contact paypal directly before, the bank would raise their own dispute. I have read the 'solution' pages to this transaction, where it states it's to cover an account shortfall however, I have not used my paypal account for approximately 15 years so this transaction is suspicious. In addition, it does not appear in my paypal transaction history, either on the day or even a week before. I am trying to get some form of help from paypal but as I am in NZ, calling the USA is not an option and the 'live' chat isn't an option as no one is available - is there a paypal helpdesk email address that I can raise this with at all please? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Birdleb 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MaTPatrice
This happened to me too. My bank said to contact paypal but where do i go? I only made 3 paypal transactions.
Login to Me Too

MarcS1
Contributor
Contributor

Look here

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.