<removed> hacked my paypal and placed a Game order to <removed>

nolive72
Contributor
Contributor

well title just says it all.

this Games website that I have never ever visited managed to hack my paypal and placed a game order to voidu.com End of 2019 that obviously happily took the money from my Paypal account(59.99USD)

I tried to bring this scam to the Resolution center who suggested few weeks ago that this was considered as an authorized transaction!!! What else can I do from here?

1st time I am having to deal with such an issue so I am bit lost and I would like to avoid this from happening again of course.

Thanks so much

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

BG78
Contributor
Contributor

Same here but i dont belive its kinguin i was hacled they pinched all my passwords tryed to purchase games from amazon as well but amazon blocked attack They logged into my Paypal and they made 3 tranaction all within a minite im out £138 paypal pritection is useless they say it was me and im not covered ive removed debit card bank card ane added a credit card and dont keep funds in my paypal also changed password and sorted out 2 factor authentication so i get a text with a code to get in. Also ran a maikware and virus scan and was mailware hiding on pc that maiware bytes missed

Login to Me Too

tornado0

Me Too date: Oct-16-2020

Login to Me Too

meia
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too date: May-28-2021

kinguin hacked my paypal and used my old bank card (I have terminated last year)

22,28€!!

beware of this fraud game web!!

Login to Me Too

tornado0

Me Too date: Oct-16-2020

Login to Me Too

antacct
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same problem. 4 unauthorized transactions from Kinguin Digital Limited. Each for an amount of $40 CAD. Paypal needs to take responsibility for not securing the accounts and must refund these amounts. I have posted under the resolution center and I hope to get my money back. 

Login to Me Too

terrypai
New Community Member

did they fix it

Login to Me Too

nolive72
Contributor
Contributor

not for me for sure

Login to Me Too

Philip_lamp
New Community Member
I do not agree with the resolution of the dispute PP-D-126672336. You tell me that it was an authorized transaction, and I say no. If you say that it has been authorized, what are you based on? If I haven't even received any items or anything. Please send me evidence, that it has been authorized, and if not, please return my money, of all payments made to "Kinguin Digital Limited". My account has been hacked like so many other users
(https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=category:en&q=kinguin). In years, you have never had a problem with me. Please help me. Give me back the money that has been stolen from me in the six payments, please, if you really are the safest payment method in the world

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Philip_lamp 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.