how to solve Account Permanently Limited ?

ziadkhoury
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance and advice regarding a concerning issue I'm facing with my PayPal account.

Recently, I received a notification requesting additional verification documents such as bank details, passport, and address proof. Following the instructions promptly, I submitted the required information. However, to my dismay, I received a red warning message on the top of my app stating that my account has been permanently limited.

I am relatively new to PayPal and have only engaged in three transactions, all with a friend who helped me purchase electronics from Canada. I am now based in Nigeria. Given that these transactions were legitimate and with someone I know personally, I am puzzled and concerned about the permanent limitation on my account.

Is there anyone in the community who has faced a similar situation or can provide guidance on how to resolve this issue? I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or steps I can take to appeal or rectify the situation.

Thank you in advance for your support

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When the account was registered, was it registered as through it was Canadian based?  PayPal would then be expecting Canadian based documents and not documents from Nigeria.

If yes, you would then need to contact PayPal support, advise them that you were in Canada when the account was registered, but have now moved back to Nigeria.  Give them exact dates as to when you ceased occupancy in Canada.  It would greatly help if you could supply them with the original registration email.  Supply them with as much information as you can.  This includes any bills you had while in Canada such as rental receipts/utility bills.  Canadian bank account statements (If you had one).  You will need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you indeed DID live in Canada at a given address.

If PayPal thinks they are communicating with someone in Canada, and receives email from Nigeria, as well as documents from Nigeria, that will cause an instant permanent limitation to the account.  You will then have to prove you lived in Canada when the account was created.  If this cannot be proved, you would have to create another PayPal account with information based upon your current name and address and place of residence.

I would contact PayPal customer support, explain the situation and have all the pertinent information ready to upload to them should they request it.

Login to Me Too

ziadkhoury
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Grimreepr, Thank you for your prompt response and assistance. I wasn't in Canada; however, I had opened a PayPal account years ago just to discover it. I used a Canadian phone number because Lebanon wasn't listed on PayPal's country options. I never used the Canadian account. Upon coming to Nigeria, I found it easy to create a new PayPal account, forgetting about the old one. After a few days, I realized my email was linked to the old account. Consequently, I closed the old Canadian account and continued with my new one, updating my phone number and address while retaining the same email. Best regards
Login to Me Too

Casper252
Contributor
Contributor
I receive a notification that my account has been permanently limitation locked for using PayPal and it was my best app using for sending money through PayPal please am seeking for your help to resolve my account permanently limitation on PayPal
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ziadkhoury and @Casper252 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Help Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your account is limited permanently. I understand that would be upsetting, but these decisions are not something made lightly. PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent limitation. I would suggest reaching out to PayPal customer support as they will be able to provide more direct assistance.

Thanks for the help here @Grimreepr!

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.