has anybody else been scammed on paypal

JAF51
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/valustoe-com-review/

The above link takes you to a page that rates valustoe.com 

This company in China scammed me. I purchased a ride on mini jeep and it did not arrive. The tracking number they gave me could not be found either.

I received a toy car in the post from somebody in victoria Australia with an asian name, I never ordered a toy car from this person.

I believe that valustoe in China take customers orders then they contact the person in Victoria and tell them to send a toy car.

They also go by "Shanghai Lulu Trading Co., Ltd."

They are connected to "RONGFU <removed> <removed>" (this name and address was on the toy car package)

WORST THING IS PAYPAL FOUND IN FAVOUR OF THE SCAMMER.

Paypal tried to tell me the seller provided proof of delivery of the item to me but have yet to show me that proof.

Because paypal did not take "action" and did not refund me I am placing an application to NCAT (tribunal Sydney) to prove I did not receive the item as described and I want my money back. Fair trading have advised me if an item is not received or it arrives and is not as described then I have every right to make an application to NCAT. So, paypal are going to look pretty bad when its public knowledge that they allow scammers to do business with them.

Anyway, the item never arrived and what did arrive was a toy car from a company/person that I do not know and did not order from.... I hope paypal can provide the proof they say they have to the tribunal members when we go to court.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JAF51 

As the seller had tracking for delivering an item to you then you should have opened a dispute for item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JAF51
Contributor
Contributor

I did put in a dispute. I provided proof of purchase along with pictures of the item advertised. I showed screen shots of the email from the company giving me tracking details and a screen shot of the tracking number not existing and could not be found. 

I showed pictures of the toy car and the packaging with all the details of sender (from vic australia) and I contacted the company valustoe.com who ignored me. I later contacted the email on their site that guarentees if the item is not for you, let them know and they will give replacement or refund but they only offered me $6 and called it compensation along with an apology. I have uploaded this tonight on paypal and asked for a full refund. 

Thank you for responding 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JAF51 

Yes but did you open a dispute for non receipt of item which the seller would win if they had a tracking number OR did you open a dispute for item received but not as described ie the tat you did receive?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JAF51
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked. It did get put under not received but I showed them that somebody else from Vic Australia sent me a toy car, the item came from my own country, not China. It was not what I ordered and I showed them all the photos of the package and photos of the advertised item.  So, your saying the scammers are getting away with this because I put my dispute in under the wrong category?  WOW....well, I guess I am learning how these people work. 

I also provided proof that the tracking number provided could not be found, of course it could not be found because nothing came from China.

My next step is NCAT if they do not refund me. I have put in a new request for refund and they say its closed already because I am not protected by paypal.

I will never order through paypal again, they are just as bad as the scammers.

Thank you again for responding, I appreciate the advice.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JAF51 

ok, your next step is to contact customer services and explain what happened and request that they re-open the correct dispute for item received but not as described. OR if you funded the payment via a c.c. you could try a chargeback via a card issuer?

Unfortunately paypal only gives some buyer protection so you have to 'work' the system correctly.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.