Uber BV Payments What are they?!

beansvicki
New Community Member

I've had a payment taken today for Uber BV. I've never used Uber so i have No idea what this is for. I raised a dispute but its been closed straight away stating it's not an unauthorised transaction. When i looked further it appears this is the 4th payment!! Doea anyone have any idea what Uber BV, what I'm paying for and who i need to speak to? TIA

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

AndrePinto
Absolutely useless solution. I had the same problem, opened an issue for unauthorized payments, and it got declined right away, just like other people in this thread. I had a subscription for Uber BV that I didn't create, and didn't notice until recently, then I noticed it had already taken 90€ from me in previous transactions. Paypal doesn't try to fix the problem, declines the request immediately and doesn't let you despute or make your case. Absolutely terrible and unreachable customer service, and lack of care for the user, lost all my trust in PayPal. I won't use PayPal again, canceled all my cards, and I'll be taking this to social media.
Login to Me Too

Rochelle63
New Community Member
I, too, have been having issues with this. I ordered with Uber Eats the other day and just checked to see if the transaction was ok, only to see 3 payments. After searching for a while, I went into wallet and then preauthorized payments. Supressed Uber and some others. Hope this will do the job 🤞
Login to Me Too

tonybolony
Contributor
Contributor

I have received 2 unauthorized payments to Uber BV which appear to be some sort of hack/scam.  I've reached out to the Dispute Resolution and reported the unauthorized withdrawal which generated the following response:

We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.

The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement you previously set up with the merchant.

We've now canceled this agreement for you to prevent any other unwanted transactions.  Moving forward please be sure to review all your active billing agreements. If you need a refund for a payment sent using an active billing agreement, please contact the merchant directly.

This authorization was not completed by me nor did I complete any sort of billing agreement - the Recipient email for it was "<removed>@ uber" which raises a red flag for me.  I've reached out via the messaging app within PayPal but thus far, no response.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Login to Me Too

tonybolony
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is refusing to help indicating that it was 'not unauthorized'.  See edited pic below.  I really need help resolving this even though it is not that much money.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

paypal dispute response-e.jpg

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tonybolony 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tonybolony
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion but I had already completed that task.  It was set up for this Vendor - however, I did not create this agreement.  I have conveyed this to my case agent with Paypal and they are looking into it.  They also noted that I have never before purchased anything with this merchant and the agreement was setup in 2019!  Very strange.  Hoping they can resolve this and protect my account better.

Login to Me Too

jen6410
New Community Member

I have just discovered 4 payments taken in the last week, totalling £40 plus, i did not set up this payment agreement.,,Help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jen6410 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it .....
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Then....

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tonybolony
Contributor
Contributor

I have done all of the steps above and what finally solved it was simple persistence in chasing Paypal for the refund.  The scam portion of what happened to me was that I never had an Uber account so they couldn't do anything for me.  I kept hounding Paypal and they contacted the Vendor and both transactions were refunded afterwards.  
Thanks for the tips and advice - they did help.

Tony

Login to Me Too

Merrill75
Contributor
Contributor
Ugh, I am going through this now and PayPal says they determined it was t unauthorized and I had an agreement with Ubereats. How can they get away with this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.