dispute claims

Sijyl
Contributor
Contributor

We were just informed through an auto generated email, that our dispute fee tier has been increased but we have still never received a response to our initial request for support regarding these disputes. We have tried to inform PayPal of our situation regarding the disputes and the validity of them. We feel strongly that PayPal is not listening to or helping its seller clients but instead automatically facilitating fraudulent customers who are knowingly getting free products from us with little to no consequences. If we are not able to talk with a PayPal manager who can listen to us and help us alleviate the financial fraud we are experiencing through PayPal customers we will be forced to terminate PayPal from all future purchases on our platforms. If someone can please respond back to us who is capable or authorized to actually make adjustments to our account or help us with this issue that would be much appreciated.

//

To clarify for those interested merchants on PayPal. We sell a product which has become the target of angry re-sellers of a similar product. As our product is a new innovation in the industry which has unintentionally cut out these "middle-men", we are experiencing a smear campaign from some of the "old guard" of the industry. When we started we knew this would likely happen as all disruptive ideas do to some extent, however, the claims from these parties that we are in fact "scamming" customers is entirely un-factual. Unfortunately some of our customers have been swayed by these false claims even after receiving said product and in some cases even after supplying a positive review of their experience and of the product. These customers, now mislead by our competition's claims, file disputes to PayPal. We have provided mountains of evidence to each case showing how the claims are false but have lost every case. We have tried contacting the PayPal support center who, while having a sympathetic ear over the phone, their "agents" are never able to facilitate any help due to them being a third party call center hired by PayPal but not actual PayPal employees themselves. We even started to implement new policy internally, accepting these disputes as the "cost of being a disruptive business" by allowing for full refunds on these fraudulent claims but requiring at minimum return of the product. 

Now PayPal is informing us that customers making these claims will be refunded but also are no longer required to return the product meaning we are out product costs and the revenue from the purchase, plus additional and even higher refund fees placed on us. As PayPal is making it clear that their system has no support for merchants we will be forced to move away from PayPal transactions which frankly hurts PayPal more than us so we are not sure why our requests for actual help have gone on deaf ears. Big bureaucracy might be the issue at hand, that PayPal has no customer support for merchants speaks volumes to their indifference in the matter and might be yet another reason not to trust PayPal to handle our financial transactions further.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Sijyl
Contributor
Contributor

:::UPDATE:::

Got a call from management who repeated over and over that while "they understand the frustration we have and that it does seem like we are being frauded by PayPal customers, there is no system in place at PayPal to support or defend merchants on their platform from fraudulent chargebacks." Shortly after this call I reported back to our corporate board members who voted for removal of PayPal from all our e-commerce brands. You have done this to yourselves PayPal...

👋 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Sijyl
Contributor
Contributor

To clarify for those interested merchants on PayPal. We sell a product which has become the target of angry re-sellers of a similar product. As our product is a new innovation in the industry which has unintentionally cut out these "middle-men", we are experiencing a smear campaign from some of the "old guard" of the industry. When we started we knew this would likely happen as all disruptive ideas do to some extent, however, the claims from these parties that we are in fact "scamming" customers is entirely un-factual. Unfortunately some of our customers have been swayed by these false claims even after receiving said product and in some cases even after supplying a positive review of their experience and of the product. These customers, now mislead by our competition's claims, file disputes to PayPal. We have provided mountains of evidence to each case showing how the claims are false but have lost every case. We have tried contacting the PayPal support center who, while having a sympathetic ear over the phone, their "agents" are never able to facilitate any help due to them being a third party call center hired by PayPal but not actual PayPal employees themselves. We even started to implement new policy internally, accepting these disputes as the "cost of being a disruptive business" by allowing for full refunds on these fraudulent claims but requiring at minimum return of the product. 

Now PayPal is informing us that customers making these claims will be refunded but also are no longer required to return the product meaning we are out product costs and the revenue from the purchase, plus additional and even higher refund fees placed on us. As PayPal is making it clear that their system has no support for merchants we will be forced to move away from PayPal transactions which frankly hurts PayPal more than us so we are not sure why our requests for actual help have gone on deaf ears. Big bureaucracy might be the issue at hand, that PayPal has no customer support for merchants speaks volumes to their indifference in the matter and might be yet another reason not to trust PayPal to handle our financial transactions further.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

Sijyl
Contributor
Contributor

:::UPDATE:::

Got a call from management who repeated over and over that while "they understand the frustration we have and that it does seem like we are being frauded by PayPal customers, there is no system in place at PayPal to support or defend merchants on their platform from fraudulent chargebacks." Shortly after this call I reported back to our corporate board members who voted for removal of PayPal from all our e-commerce brands. You have done this to yourselves PayPal...

👋 

Login to Me Too

jcoat007
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something to a private party who filed a dispute with Paypal.  I was never notified about the dispute and Paypal refunded the buyer.  My first notification of this was when I received a text saying my account had a negative balance. Paypal customer confirmed that no e-mail went out to notify me of the dispute. I have had two lengthy conversations with Paypal CS and they assure me that the issue is being reviewed,but nothing ever happens. I  am now out the item I sold and over $1,000. Paypal is not listening and not resolving these issues. I have been a customer for many, many, many years and I buy and sell tens of thousands of dollars every year. I will close my account and never come back if I do get this issue resolved. This is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.