Why don't I get refund without returning fake item as stated in the User Agreement section 7.5

Chatchawan
New Community Member

Hi,

I have been requested by paypal customer service who investigated my cliam of receiving unauthentic Rolex watch (Claim ID number: PP-006-720-722-408) to return purchased item to the seller in order to get the refund. If I don't send it back I would not be able to get the refund. I am not happy with this request since I have to submit  documents by unbiased third-parties to identify the item as unauthentic and they have agreed with that and I seemed to win the claim to get the refund but with condition that I have to send back the item and the seller must receive it. This is not according to the paypal user agreement.  According to the User Agreement for Paypal Services section 7.5 Claim Resolution Process says “Once a Dispute has been escalated to a Claim, PayPal will make a final decision in favor of the buyer or the Seller. You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that PayPal specifies. PayPal retains full discretion to make a final decision in favor of the buyer or the Seller. In the event that PayPal makes a final decision in favor of the buyer or Seller, each party must comply with PayPal’s decision. PayPal will generally require the buyer to ship an item that the buyer claims is SNAD back to the Seller (at the buyer’s expense), and PayPal will generally require a Seller to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. In the event a Seller loses a Claim, the Seller will not receive a refund on his or her PayPal fees associated with the transaction. If you are a Seller and you lose a SNAD Claim because the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back”. But, however, I have shipped back the item with my expense and with all the risks laid on me if the seller does not receive the item due to various possible reasons such as the item cannot be delivered after an attempt to deliver it by postman and so on, I may not be able to get the refund. Is that so? Is there anyone can help me with this problem. Today (17/4/2018) the returned cargo tracking status show that the  delivery has been rescehduled due to previous unsuccessful delivery attempt (recipient missed). This is really bad for me. Please help me with this. I have received a warning message from paypal customer service in charge to my case asking me to provide  proof of delivery to confirm that the item has been returned to the seller. If I cannot submit documentation before 20 April 2018, this case will be closed. Unfortunately, this deadline acnnot be extended any further.

Please help!!!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PeachParee
Contributor
Contributor
Same. Sad to see that there was no response on this. If the seller is already proven an untrustworthy scammer, there's nothing stopping them from giving a fake address (or some other prank) to return the item to. I'm not going to further amuse the seller by paying for an expensive game of hide and seek. I'm glad I saw this bc this is something they will abide by. It's just a matter of getting a human representative and not a bot on the case. Update: I called PayPal and told them I was dealing with a scammer. They understood instantly and resolved the case in my favor. Minus the robotic menu sifting and hold times, the call only took an easy 2 minutes. Money refunded, no need to return item. Thanks PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.