Why PIPO US INC charged me money?

Tisakoja
New Community Member

About 6 hours ago, I paid twice for the promotion of the video on TikTok, but they didn't allow it. I have now entered PayPal and seen that both transactions were charged to me by PIPO US INC. Does anyone know why?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

millionjax
New Community Member
I was robbed of $20 twice from Pipo Us Inc it shows up randomly on my records and I don't know where from I would like my money back now please because I am extremely broke and need that money for food.
Login to Me Too

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @millionjax,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I'm sorry to learn that you have an unrecognized transaction, and you would like it to be refunded. Have you tried checking if it's an unrecognized automatic payment agreement? If it's an automatic payment agreement you can cancel it to avoid any future charges. Also, you can contact the merchant to request a refundIn case, if the merchant doesn't return your calls/emails, you can file a dispute, to get a resolution. 

If the transaction is not an automatic payment agreement, I would suggest you immediately change your password and security questions, and report unauthorized activity on your PayPal account, our team will step in and investigate further. 

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

janakdhungana
Contributor
Contributor
about 6 hours ago, I paid twice for the promotion of the video on TikTok, but they didn't allow it. I have now entered PayPal and seen that both transactions were charged to me by PIPO US INC. Does anyone know why ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@janakdhungana 

Are the transactions showing as pending or completed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Seudo
Contributor
Contributor

I'll copy paste as well...

Tiktok is utilising a common scam in my experience. Unfortunately it's entirely legal in most places. Onus is on consumers to suck it up and stomach the lost, or spend their own time/money retrieving the "misplaced" sum. Even if all parties acknowledge there was no wrongdoing by the customer and gross incompetence by the offender you will not be compensated beyond the original amount, if that. So there's little to no risk for companies while they rack up rewards. 

Shady companies will approve payment without guaranteeing the product or service which in itself should be illegal without a independent contractual agreement.

For example you pay for a promotional Tiktok video to get more views but instead get a message claiming your content doesn't comply with their intentionally vague ToS. Purchase of digital assets or currency only to find your account locked along with the customer service options. Or express delivery options that aren't options.

Shams like these are most often used with small amounts that people won't miss or be bother tracking down if they do notice.

The rort generally takes one of three forms. A refund that will not be paid for a week or more; a few dollars from a few million people to buffer cash flows especially since they can legally put it off for months as long as they show intent to process a refund. Second is some form of store credit, or increasingly common is completely worthless digital tokens only redeemable for worthless digital gimmicks. Or they make any option to make contact or initiate a return so tedious and time consuming that even best case you'll be at a lose, but not entirely impossible making it perfectly legally since technically a procedure for dispute resolution is in place.

Also just from my experience and not necessarily representative of all cases; Paypal is more likely to facilitate these sorts of deceptive tactics (curious if the solved tag is true for you) than honour their founding mission statement which is completely antithetical to them.

Goodluck!

Login to Me Too

Dessul32
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have the same issue I paid tiktok to promote video and the 10 dollars I paid was supposed to go on my account then they canceled and my money disappeared.
Login to Me Too

Ali__B
Contributor
Contributor
The charges I’m receiving are from Pipo (sg) which appears to also be TikTok but in Singapore and I too do not use TikTok. I tried to dispute these with PayPal and they said the transactions appear to be legitimate and that I had to email claimappeal with PayPal to ask why they aren’t accepting my dispute. Anyone else experience this response from PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Dessul32
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they charged me too I tried to dispute 3 times they said they d issue me a refund and never did. So and I know who did it and im pretty sure there a fraud ad site.
Login to Me Too

Ali__B
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the quick response. Did you determine it was TikTok?
Login to Me Too

Dessul32
Contributor
Contributor
Ok this is what happened to me I have shopify and I used tiktok business to integrate all my products to tiktok shop well come to find out I had to set up tiktok shop they don't have anything for tiktok shop yet but for inventory. So anyways I went on tiktok business and I wanted to get a ad credit so I put 10 dollars on the ad account. As soon as I backed out they shut my account off and I never got to use my 10 dollar credit. I went on paypal and saw the charge from pipo and disputed it. Still no refund I don't know it might be apart of tiktok or it might be the tiktok business people and not the tiktok seller people who do they actual tiktok shop stuff in the US. That's all I know and im really mad still about this
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.