What to do when seller claims returned item is damaged and refused full refund?

vtdone
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a computer on a gumtree (popular free online list-and-sell), paid with paypal then seller sent item (computer) not as described, I promply returned the computer in the original condition as-is, seller made a partial refund in paypal, refuses to refund the rest and claims computer not booting up and taking action against me for loss.

I 've been handling computers for years and I'd packed the computer really well and there is no physical blemish on the return item.

I 've made a claim on paypal for the rest of the refund but the seller is adamant the computer is not in the original condition, i.e. not power up. How do I cover myself against this type of issue?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vtdone 

Would have been best to have opened a dispute before sending the item and then waited until you had escalated to a claim and hopefully won before Paypal telling you to return said item.

Anyway all you can do now is put as much information in the dispute process as you can INCLUDING the tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller and then escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.