What is stop a company that made a payment without my agreement doing it again via paypal?

stephenadams
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal paid a company without asking me if I wanted to agree to the transaction.

As Paypal refused to refund the money as "Your claim was refused because you didn't cancel the billing agreement before the transaction took place."

As the company refuses to cancel the account I created, what is to stop them reapplying again for another transaction to be paid via paypal ?

And Paypal again will pay it, again without checking with me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stephenadams 

Cancel the automatic billing agreement, here’s how:

What is an automatic payment and how do I update or cancel one?

Always go to this setting to cancel any billing or automatic payments aside from canceling with the company.

Also go to Data and Privacy in your account settings and remove any “Permissions you given” if any.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

stephenadams
Contributor
Contributor

As the company concerned set up the payment and made it recurring annually, NOT ME, I have no confidence that they will not do it again.

They have also refused to close the account, even though I have asked and said it will run until next year, when it should expire!

I was not given any invoice or charges to agree to for this subscription.

Also Paypal did not ask my agreement to pay, on setup of this subscription.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.