Unknown people saying I charged them.

InConnect
New Community Member
Hi, I use PayPal to receive credit card payments for my business. Today I received 4 emails from people I have never heard of claiming they received notification they had paid my company an amount. The emails read such as: “ Hi I just received an email from PayPal claiming “You paid $26.40 USD to ‘My business name’” Your email appears of the PayPal statement. Do you know anything about this. Paul “ “ Hi, Just wondering about this payment as I haven't ordered anything. Can you tell me what it is about? Thanks “ “ What has my elderly mother supposedly bought from you? She does not remember and we do not use PAYPAL but a debit card for purchases “ I have checked my PayPal account and have not received any payments at this stage from anyone unknown (such as these people). What is going on here and why is this happening? What do I do? Regards, Jordan.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@InConnect 

Spoof emails, probably with a link to 'cancel' etc that leads to a scammers site that scams them for financial information.

Just unluckily hit on your businesses name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

judybcooper
Contributor
Contributor

I received a message about a purchase of $649.99 to verify if i had done this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.